Ferndale, Michigan – The winter season is especially hard for families struggling to make ends meet. Credit Union ONE came through in many ways this season to help those in the communities they serve.
In December, all branches of Credit Union ONE including their Grand Rapids and Traverse City Michigan branches were involved in various giving efforts which included:.
• Toys for Tots for all Michigan Credit Union ONE branches
• Food Drives-Forgotten Harvest in Metro Detroit, Father Fred Foundation in Traverse City, West Side Food Pantry in Grand Rapids, and the Latino Press Foundation Food Drive in Detroit
• Children’s Miracle Network Holiday Icon Sales
• Paper Angels Holiday Giving Program in Traverse City
• Sponsorship of Winter Dreams 2012 Program, which helps to revitalize Clark Park in Detroit
• Ferndale Community Ice Festival sponsor
• Employee “Gift Adoptions” for Judson Center in Pontiac, Michigan and for an orphanage in Chile
• And even a Credit Union ONE employee who went on his own time and played Santa Claus to a group of
56 residents at an assisted living center
“Credit unions at their core are about people helping people,” said Gary Moody, President and CEO of Credit Union ONE. “Typically we are about providing credit and a safe place to save. Throughout the year we engage in many community and charitable activities, but at this time of year we go all out to live the people helping people philosophy and provide for those less fortunate and in need. Each toy, can of food and dollar donated by employees and our members have a direct and tangible positive impact on our communities.”
Credit Union ONE, headquartered in Ferndale Michigan for seventy five years, offers a wide array of financial services and access to over 28,000 ATM’s nationwide, serving 106,000 members, with eighteen offices in three major metropolitan areas, including Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and Traverse City. For more information go to cuone.org or "like us" on Facebook
Contact Judi Desilets, Director of Public Relations for Credit Union ONE, 248-584-5224, Judi_Desilets@cuone.org